News and Events for 2017/18
Latest News. (for more details. Click on the links.)
Events : Some dates for your diary
Monday 20th : Hinckley Ramblers Notice of Annual General Meeting. Will members please note that our AGM will take place on Monday 20 November 2017. The meeting will be held at the Barwell Constitutional Club, Chapel Street, Barwell. Starting at 19.15 (7.15pm) All members welcome
AGENDA APPROVAL OF 2016 AGM MINUTES: (2 November 2016)
- MATTERS ARISING
- CHAIR’S REPORT:
- TREAURERS REPORT:
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS: Chair. Vice Chair. Secretary. Treasurer . Membership Secretary. Walks Co-ordinator .Secretary Webmaster. Social Committee. Area Representative Up to three additional committee members
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- (A) Wykin footpath U4
- January -New Years Day
- John Sim will lead our New Years Day Walk from The Windmill Inn at Brascote
starting at 10.30 am. John as arranged an after walk meal at the pub, if you would like to join him please ring the Windmill on 01455 824433 and asked to be added to the Hinckley Ramblers list.Walkers will have to pre-order at the start of the walk, deposit not required. See Pete's Ramblings for the menu.
- Friday 19th January Medieval Dinner Coombe Abbey Coventry
- Ramblers member Karen Saunders helps out at the wardrobe dept at the Concordia Theatre, and thought that people attending the Medieval Banquet at Coombe Abbey may like to dress up in costume.We have lots of outfits for all sorts of occasions.If anyone is interested they need to contact Janet Wroe on 02476 313381 to make an appointment to come and see what we have on offer.We are open Wednesday & Sunday mornings from 9 - 11 am.The cost is £20.00 per outfit with a refundable deposit of £36.00 - cash and cheques only.
Sat 27th- AGM 2017/18The next Area AGM will be hosted by the Leicestershire & Rutland Walking Group, gather from 9.15 to start at 10.00 Light refreshments will be provided and there will be a short walk at about 1.30 for those wishing to go along. If doing so please bring a packed lunch. Venue St Peters Church Center, Glenfield Our guest speaker this year will be Peter Tyldesley of Bradgate Park
- Rambler's Holiday
- Our social team, Hazel and Donna have decided to run a holiday next April to Exmouth, Devon.
It will work on the same basis as the Isle of Wight holiday where everybody books with the travel
company themselves.The company we are going with is Alfa Travel and it's a coach holiday.https://www.alfatravel.co.uk/Ref. 158M on 22nd April 2018. for 6 nights, half board and costing £259.At the moment there are 7 single rooms available 22 doubles
and 16 twins.The price includes 3-day trips for anyone that doesn't want to walk.You we need to pay £10 deposit on booking.